Vocabulary Quiz is Friday (10/21)
- Periods 3, 4 and 6, please see Tuesday’s post.
- Today was lesson 3 for 5th period. First we reviewed the vocabulary words. Next, in an entire-class participatory activity, we eked out the directly stated and the implied reason why Titania will not give over the Indian boy to Oberon. Independently, you are to complete the Close-Reading Handout.
Click here for a copy of passage 2.1.125-142: set-your-heart-at-rest-passage
Click here for a copy of the “Set Your Heart at Rest” Close Reading sheet: set-your-heart-at-restclose-reading
Due: Friday, 10/21
- Periods 4,5,6, met today.
- Sixth period students, please read Monday’ post.
- Periods 4 + 5 shared their Unpaired/Pairs Narratives in small groups; we watch the movie version of MSND Act. 1, Sc.1 .
- We started the Character Tracking Sheet.
Character Tracking sheet, side 1 (Hermia, Lysander, Demetrius, Helena); Give a beginning character trait for those 4 characters + support with text evidence. It is OK to list act/scene/line numbers.
Periods 5 = Wednesday (10/19) Periods = 3,4,6, = Thursday (10/20)
Click here for a MSND Character Tracking Sheet: msnd-character-tracking-chart
- Periods 3,4,5 met today. We spent 10 minutes on the new vocabulary words, which are on the back side of the last word list. Use the Quizlet link above to get the definitions.
- Based on the famous line (from MSND) “The course of true love never did run smooth,” we are writing creative narratives about a commonly paired word “couple” that struggles to be together. Ample time was allotted during class so any unfinished pieces must be done for homework.
Unpaired/Pairs Write: Periods 4 + 5 = Tuesday (10/18) Periods 3 + 6 = Wednesday (10/19)