In the 1800’s, when slavery was still legal in the United States, a slave by the name of Harriet Tubman escaped her masters and fled to the northern US where she could live freely. She fought passionately to help other slaves do the same, returning again and again to the South to lead others to freedom in the North. Without maps, compasses, or GPS, she led her fellow slaves by following the North Star. It guided her journey to freedom.
Brent is also on a journey in Whirligig; you are discovering his nudges and setbacks as you read. This assignment asks you to define a goal, a “North Star” of your own, and plot out various nudges and setbacks that might occur on your journey.
1. A total of 10 incidents that occur on your journey.
2. Five (5) of these incidents are nudges: people or events that help you move toward your goal.
3. Five (5) of these incidents are setbacks: people or events that delay or even derail (temporarily) your journey.
4. The 10 incidents must be plotted out graphically, artistically, and thematically in a creative format.
5. The format must be easy to follow.
6. All text must be clearly written (in ink or typed) and correctly spelled.
This project is due Wednesday, June 11th.